A Pilgrimage to the Healing Ostrog Monastery in Montenegro
Others are interested in the area's rich medieval history, including a visit to the working monastery at Ostrog, the resting place of St. Basil whose relics are on display and watched over at all... Understand Get in . The most interesting thing is the monastery placed at Mount Ostrog. In order to get there, you need to take a bus to Niksic, they run from Podgorica or from Budva via Podgorica.
How to Travel From Kotor Montenegro to the Ostrog
The Monastery of Ostrog (Montenegrin: ╠ÓÝÓ˝˛Ŕ ╬˝˛ţŃ/Manastir Ostrog, pronounced ) is a monastery of the Serbian Orthodox Church situated against an almost vertical background, high up in the large rock of Ostroska Greda, in Montenegro....In Ostrog, according to the maps I saw there are three places to see: the most famous one is the Ostrog Upper Monastery but there are also two other churches/monasteries at a lower altitude. My idea is to reach first the higher one and then to visit the other ones on the way down to the railway station.
How to Travel From Kotor Montenegro to the Ostrog
Monastery Ostrog is situated on the cusp of the rich Bjelopavlic plain, carved high up in the cliffs, with easy access for visitors and an adventure one does not want to miss. how to lose your water weight fast Ostrog Monastery, Montenegro. Without giving it too much thought, I join the queue at the top of the monastery. Perhaps itĺs my partial British heritage that subconsciously prevents me from questioning what the line is for ľ I just feel compelled to stand behind ů. How to get a private reading with theresa caputo
Ostrog Monastery Wikipedia
- Travel tips for Ostrog Monastery in Montenegro Globtour
- Ostrog Monastery Central Montenegro Montenegro Central
- Best Ostrog Monastery Tours Trips & Tickets Montenegro
- Sombor to ┼Żelezni─Źka Stanica Ostrog 6 ways to travel via
Ostrog Monastery is one of the most important Serbian Orthodox monasteries. It is a respected religious site of pilgrimage in Montenegro and the Balkans that is dedicated to Saint Basil of Ostrog (Sveti Vasilije Ostroski) who was buried here.
- For non-pilgrims, there is a car park only two hundred meters from the Upper Monastery. Many people link the word ômiracleö to the Ostrog Monastery. In this aspect, miracles are mostly related to peace, healing and religious aspects of the Monastery.
- Ostrog Monastery comprises two monastic complexes: the lower monastery with the Church of Holy Trinity and the upper monastery. In the upper monastery there are two cave churches, the Holy Cross Church with beautiful rock-painted frescoes and the Church of the Presentation , where the Holy Relicts of St Basil are kept.
- Ostrog Monastery is a miraculous work of art built by nature and human interaction. It is carved almost entirely into a vertically positioned mountain cliff. Today, the monastery is the pearl of Montenegrin spirituality which is visited by more than 100,000 pilgrims from around the world in addition to many tourists and locals from all religions every year. Ostrog Monastery is one of the most
- Ostrog Monastery, a miracle built by nature and human interaction, carved almost in its entirety in a vertically positioned mountain cliff, is today the pearl of Montenegrin spirituality which is visited by more than a hundred thousand pilgrims from around the world and of travellers of all religions every year.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Burwood ACT, Amaroo ACT, Curtin ACT, Fisher ACT, Mawson ACT, ACT Australia 2634
- New South Wales: Middle Cove NSW, Laguna NSW, Mangrove Creek NSW, Lower Portland NSW, Whale Beach NSW, NSW Australia 2011
- Northern Territory: Alawa NT, Leanyer NT, Barunga NT, Coolalinga NT, Rabbit Flat NT, Nightcliff NT, NT Australia 0827
- Queensland: Carters Ridge QLD, Gordonbrook QLD, Petrie QLD, Kobble Creek QLD, QLD Australia 4068
- South Australia: German Flat SA, Baird Bay SA, Padthaway SA, Armagh SA, Vale Park SA, Gurra Gurra SA, SA Australia 5041
- Tasmania: Hermitage TAS, Tods Corner TAS, Lower Turners Marsh TAS, TAS Australia 7034
- Victoria: Caniambo VIC, Darriman VIC, Macarthur VIC, Cooriemungle VIC, Curyo VIC, VIC Australia 3004
- Western Australia: Jandakot WA, Wilga WA, Sandfire WA, WA Australia 6043
- British Columbia: Richmond BC, Kaslo BC, Cache Creek BC, Slocan BC, Langford BC, BC Canada, V8W 5W9
- Yukon: Kirkman Creek YT, Caribou YT, Conrad YT, Glenboyle YT, Little Teslin Lake YT, YT Canada, Y1A 7C2
- Alberta: Hythe AB, St. Albert AB, Bon Accord AB, Empress AB, Boyle AB, Calmar AB, AB Canada, T5K 1J3
- Northwest Territories: Lutselk'e NT, Fort Good Hope NT, Behchoko? NT, Fort Simpson NT, NT Canada, X1A 5L8
- Saskatchewan: Dodsland SK, Kindersley SK, Fenwood SK, Duck Lake SK, Moosomin SK, Bladworth SK, SK Canada, S4P 9C5
- Manitoba: Hamiota MB, Rossburn MB, Minitonas MB, MB Canada, R3B 5P8
- Quebec: Hudson QC, Sainte-Marguerite-du-Lac-Masson QC, Saint-Remi QC, Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines QC, Stukely-Sud QC, QC Canada, H2Y 8W6
- New Brunswick: Hanwell NB, Alma NB, Petitcodiac NB, NB Canada, E3B 6H7
- Nova Scotia: Oxford NS, Trenton NS, New Glasgow NS, NS Canada, B3J 1S5
- Prince Edward Island: Malpeque Bay PE, Stratford PE, Miscouche PE, PE Canada, C1A 6N7
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Salmon Cove NL, Small Point-Adam's Cove-Blackhead-Broad Cove NL, Bay Roberts NL, Grand Bank NL, NL Canada, A1B 5J2
- Ontario: Saltford ON, Booth's Harbour ON, Goulbourn ON, Crathie, Amaranth Station ON, Ferguson Corners ON, McDougall ON, ON Canada, M7A 6L3
- Nunavut: Lake Harbour (Kimmirut) NU, Frobisher Bay (Iqaluit) NU, NU Canada, X0A 3H8
- England: Birkenhead ENG, Sunderland ENG, Clacton-on-Sea ENG, Filton ENG, Birmingham ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 3A8
- Northern Ireland: Craigavoná(incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Derryá(Londonderry) NIR, Bangor NIR, Derryá(Londonderry) NIR, Derryá(Londonderry) NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 6H2
- Scotland: Aberdeen SCO, Dundee SCO, Paisley SCO, Cumbernauld SCO, Edinburgh SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 5B5
- Wales: Neath WAL, Neath WAL, Neath WAL, Wrexham WAL, Neath WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 3D5